30 Nov 2018
In a world where everything from booking your holiday to buying furniture is becoming more instantaneous and commoditised, we’ve taken a step back and developed an artisan approach to elopement wedding days and intimate wedding gatherings. We believe some things in life deserve thought, care and time to ensure they are perfect, individual and creative. Read on to find out why all small wedding venues were not created equal!
~ a skilled craft worker who makes or creates things by hand that may be functional or decorative
~ a company that produces something (such as cheese or wine) in limited quantities often using traditional methods that take time and skill
Think artisan and it’s likely that phrases like: small batch production; care and skill applied by master craftsmen; quality product and individually made come to mind. You might also consider artisan experiences you’ve had: high levels of authentic personal service; individual attention to detail and that special feeling of knowing that your product was not made on a factory production line. Now imagine if you could apply this approach to your elopement wedding just for 2 or intimate wedding for up to 50.
Considering small wedding venues
We believe that wherever you choose to elope or hold your intimate wedding day the approach your venue takes to your wedding should be in line with the personal experience the two of your are seeking. And that starts from your initial enquiry. There are a number beautiful small wedding venues to choose from, and of course looking beautiful is important! But don’t forget it’s what’s inside and less visible that can mean the difference between a wedding day to remember for all the right reasons or for the wrong reasons entirely.
Don’t assume every venue that offers intimate weddings is aligned with your thinking. Do ask questions about things that are important to you. For example: how many weddings the venue hosts each week; who else you can expect to be on site on your wedding day e.g. other wedding parties or guests; what help and advice the venue will be able to offer to help you plan your wedding and whether you have to use wedding day service dictated by the venue. Of course, there can be quality in quantity, but for us the hallmarks of artisan weddings are simple: limited numbers, our personal involvement in each wedding, and working with the best support services needed to create the wedding day experience that each of our couples want.
What is an artisan wedding?
At the Brickhouse Vineyard we apply these artisan principles to all we do – from the care we take to grow the vines in our vineyard, to the renovation of the unique 18th Century Round House to the intimate weddings that we host. It’s who we are.
What this means is that in choosing the Brickhouse Vineyard for your intimate wedding venue we’ll always:
- Take time to understand what you want on your wedding day and recommend suitable, like-minded wedding day service suppliers such as a photographer, hair and make-up artist, florist and caterer, plus any other services you require. We take time to get to know local suppliers and will ensure they have not only have the right skills, but also bring the vibe you’re are looking for to your wedding day. Equally if you want to choose other suppliers we are happy to work with your chosen team.
- Work with suppliers who are also small local businesses providing artisan services to really add the bells and whistles to your day. Be it fresh local flowers, locally produced food prepared by your chosen caterers or maybe even sampling some of our own wines, we can assure you of a completely unique celebration that reflects your preferences and ideas.
- Treat every wedding day as a special occasion. That means we never have more than one wedding each weekend and one in mid-week. We want to give you our full attention and have the time and space to ensure every wedding day is as each of our couples envisaged, if not better.
- Be flexible and accommodating to your needs meaning you can choose the time of your ceremony, how you decorate and style the Roundhouse, where you have photography in the grounds and we welcome well behaved dogs and children.
- Only have you and your wedding party plus any service suppliers you require on site for the duration of your wedding day hire. We only offer exclusive hire terms giving you total privacy and the space to relax and enjoy your day without distraction or interruption. You’ll also have our undivided attention.
- Not have a pre-determined tick list for your day, we’ll work with you and advise, but ultimately we’ll manage your day in line with your requirements.
- Not be constrained by the traditional wedding season. We offer weddings year round as we believe that the changing seasons provide the perfect backdrop to different styles of weddings and the particular feel each couple wants to create. Although there is nothing more romantic than a winter elopement in our book!
We love what we do, and feel very privileged to be able to work with so many lovely couples at this special time in their lives and hope that our approach will appeal to you too.
If you’d like to explore possibilities with us or find out more about our wedding options please take a look here. Or get in touch with Joanna on 07931 592969 or email her at email@example.com. We’d love to hear from you.
Images by Emma Barrow Photography.