05 Jul 2020 CORONAVIRUS AND YOUR WEDDING AT BRICKHOUSE VINEYARD
Finally, we are re-opening our doors to welcome you back at Brickhouse Vineyard!
After three very quiet months, we are now open for wedding ceremonies and viewings in person. The Prime Minister announced on 23rd June that wedding ceremonies can resume from 4 July 2020, however there are rules that will apply until further notice. In this blog, we explore these rules and what they mean for couples getting married at Brickhouse Vineyard this Summer.
COVID-19 Wedding Rules
Small wedding ceremonies for up to 30 guests (including the bride and groom) can take place from 4 July in England with social distancing. Wedding celebrations can be for up to 6 people outside or 2 households inside in line with current social distancing measures. We have no indication as to when these rules may relax further, and if they do what the next level of relaxation might be. Please click here for further information.
Weddings at Brickhouse Vineyard with COVID-19 rules
Since the beginning of lockdown, we have been working with our couples and have deferred weddings that couldn’t go ahead as planned to later this year or to a similar time next year. As we are emerging from lockdown, there are many couples who don’t want to wait to get married, so it’s really exciting to be able to host at least some of the weddings that were planned for 2020! We’ve also had a lot of new interest in elopement and intimate weddings, which can go ahead within the guidelines.
We are delighted to open our doors again this Summer and host beautiful weddings that comply with the latest guidelines and safety measures. This means that couples will be able to have elopement style weddings and ceremonies for up to 23 people inside the Round House (including the couple, Registrars and a photographer). We are also excited to offer small celebrations, but they will have to follow social distancing measures, such as groups of up to two households indoors, or up to six people from different households outdoors.
For everyone visiting Brickhouse Vineyard, we will be taking the following steps to protect you and your guests during your visit:
- The safety of you and our staff are paramount so we will be following the 1-meter social distancing guidelines
- We will have hand sanitisers available at the entrance to the Round House and are asking everyone to sanitise their hands before entry
- We will follow strict hygiene protocol throughout the day
- We will keep a record of all visitors and will ask couples to provide their guest list in advance of the ceremony
- It goes without saying, that if anyone is showing signs of Covid-19 symptoms, they should not attend
The Devon Registration Service has issued the following guidelines for ceremonies taking place in licensed venues:
- On arrival everyone must wait outside until invited in by a member of staff. Social distancing should be adhered to
- Guests, once seated MUST NOT move around the room and must stay in or by their seat at all times
- A pen should be supplied by the couple to sign the register (black gel or biro) to reduce potential cross contamination
- Rings should be held by the couple (not given to a 3rd party, i.e. best man or Registrar) these can be exchanged as normal
- No readings will be permitted during the ceremony
- No live music
- Guests and the couple must leave the building immediately after the ceremony
Although the above guidelines may seem strict, please remember that they are in place to protect everyone’s safety.
We will update you again when the guidelines change. Please do keep an eye on our Facebook page for more support, advice and updates.
Thanks again for all your continued support, patience and understanding!
Joanna, Matt and family
Images by The Unbridled